Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Celebrity Duets

I watched Celebrity Duets last night, and for my opinion as to what they should have done, see my very first post on this blog.

It was worse than I could have imagined. First of all, why did they find D-list celebrities to participate in the competition? I would be having second thoughts about the whole thing if I were one of the super-star singers having to pair up with people like Cheech Marin and Chris Jericho. I must reiterate from my first blog post that it would have been better to pair them up with an average, everyday "nobody". At least there would be some charm to it.

If there was a favorite from last night, and I'm really racking my brain to find one, it would be Jai Rodriguez from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. He really has a good voice and stage presence. (I understand that he has some Broadway experience, so he really isn't an "amateur".) The others had pitch and placement problems all over the place. I loved it when Marie Osmond turned around to the booing audience (at her for telling one of the singers they were off pitch), and said, "uh, I have done some singing in my life!" You go, girl! She has only been harmonizing in perfect pitch with her brothers since she was, like, 3! She may not be your cup of tea, but you can't argue that she doesn't know a thing or two about entertaining and singing. Oh, and Little Richard was extremely annoying! Who bribed David Foster into participating in this mess?

Why oh why Simon?? What were you thinking???

No comments: