Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's a Man Thang...

I have a new crush. It is Hugh Laurie from the Fox TV show, "House". I don't know what it is about him...but I would say it is 1/4th his looks, and 3/4ths his attitude (on the show at least, and he sure acts it good!). As I have gotten older, the looks have become secondary to the attitude and how a guy carries himself. It is so true what they say about carrying yourself with confidence and it will outshine any "imperfections" a person has in their looks or whatever. As if we all do not have imperfections, but I digress. It's funny, but these days I find myself more attracted to the "average joe" than one with model good looks. Perhaps I have matured and been through enough of life to finally have learned what really counts. Either way, I'm all about Hughie right now, and I'd gladly hang my hat in his "House" any old day.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm right there with you, Geege!!

From the moment "House" came on the air... I have been in love with this guy! And even though he isn't as gruff off camera... every interview I have seen him in has made me love him even more. He seems like a good guy... a great family man.

And with those eyes, and that accent (why do I always fall for the men with accents... such as another Hugh... GRANT)... he should be "Dr. McDreamy"!!

Ginger said...

Yes, girl...I love those British men!!! :-)

Jamie said...

I just started watching House and I have to agree he has a LOT of charisma! Give me personality, wit, and charm over a dumb good looking guy any day.

Michael said...

So wait...women want a man who is gruff, rude and arrogant...

Man, I've been so taking the wrong approach all these years...LOL

john h said...

I think if I were gay, Hugh Laurie would be my cele-crush. Love the arrogance, the brashness, the brains, the wry smile. Not that I am looking for any more women - Lynn, my wife, would be pretty pissed - but, it's good to know that us avg-looking-types and less-than-hunky men still have a chance. Brings hope to many!

And I do love that show. Did you ever see him in any of his English shows, particulary Bertie and Jeeves. Laurie plays Bertie who is an absolute twit. When you see that role, you realize how good an actor Laurie really is.