Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"I Like Football and I Like Girls..."

Ok, so Harold Ford, Jr. (U.S. Senate candidate from Tennessee for those of you out of state) has now admitted that he did indeed attend a Playboy Super Bowl Party last year in Jacksonville. There was a spitting contest with symantics when he was accused of being at a party at the Playboy Mansion and he denied it. Well, technically, he was telling the truth. The Super Bowl party was in a tent.

I know that with my many conservative, Republican friends, I will be shot down on this, but I would rather a guy just say what Ford said (and what most guys think), that he likes football and he likes girls. Come on, conservative guys, you may be the most moral guy on the planet, but don't tell me that you wouldn't take a second look at a beautiful girl in a bunny outfit, puh-lease. My opinion on this is that he went up a couple of points in my book for just admitting that he's a guy. Would you rather have "don't ask don't tell" or "look but don't touch and tell"?

What say you?

4 comments:

Rob Robinson said...

You just hit the nail on the head, Ginger. Ford should have said this sooner, but at least he said it.

It's not like there are accounts out there of his being hammered and taking a random model back to his hotel room.

That would be a bit different, in my opinion. So would it be if he were married and spending the whole evening with one or two of the same women on his arm. That doesn't appear to be the case...

John H said...

This ad just tells me how scared the GOP must be about this Senate seat.

As I've said elsewhere, please show me one person who has changed their mind about voting for Ford because of this 'playboy' allegation.

Jamie said...

Amen sistah!

Kellie Greene said...

This whole Ford-Corker thing has me exhausted.

I voted for Ford last week. I think it's cool he went to the Playboy party. I'd have let my husband of 21 years go -- I trust him. Hell, I'd have loved to have gone.

This probably means he's straight, which would be a huge relief to the citizens in this Bible-belt state we live in.

I noticed Corker's newest ads with his wife and kids. A backhanded way to slap Ford's family in the face. Ford's young, unmarried, good looking and I and others I speak with daily think the RNC is trying to imply that he might not be straight.

I don't care whether he is or not. He still wins in my book. Plus, he was in the parade during the festival in La Vergne this year and that means more than anything. He got out of his bus and apparently met with the people.

Some people changed their minds from Corker to Ford because of that. Corker was invited to be in the parade, but I don't guess he had time to make it to La Vergne.

The personal touch from a politician can make a world of difference in a person's opinion of him/her.

The problem with the latest RNC ad is the white girl/black man controversy. To me Ford is Everyman. He's not black, white or other. I just see a good man who will do good things for Tennessee.

God help us if the Republicans control the senate and Nancy Pelosi doesn't get in as speaker!!