Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hysteria (Part 2-Insomia & Healing)

Things are definitely looking up in my recovery. I feel like I turned a corner this week, and that there is light at the end of this tunnel I've been in. Doc said everything "looks good" and I'm cleared to return to work on 9/11 (that date always makes me stop in my tracks!). He gave me a low dose of estrogen to take, and I am happy to say that I have had no hot flashes since, thank God. I still have tinges of pain, especially when I twist the wrong way...it feels like I'm pulling stitches internally-yikes!

The thing I am battling now more than anything is insomnia. I can't fall asleep until 11:30pm. Then every night, without fail, I wake up at 2:30am. I watch tv for an hour, and then go back to sleep. It seems like my deepest sleep is between 5 & 7am...which isn't helpful when I am soon to be getting up at 5:30am again. grrrr! Now I know why there is so much marketing of sleep aids, because there are probably millions of people in the extremely frustrating position of not being able to sleep. It is not only an inconvenience, it is a major health issue.

I still have to take it easy and off my feet so much, hence the multiple blog posts...not much else I can do yet. Oh, and I no longer have to use the Wal-Mart motorized scooter to shop! Progress...yipee!

I am amazed at how the body heals itself. In one month, I have experienced going from being cut open to now walking and functioning again. I am experiencing the miracle of healing, and I am grateful for it.

1 comment:

Newscoma said...

Good Lord I went through the insomnia too.
Still creeps up.