Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas at Graceland

Had a great time at Graceland yesterday. I visited about 15 years ago, and there have been some great improvements in the experience since then! You now get your own personal headset with an audio tour that you can pause and play at your own pace as you visit each room. The visit also reinforced in my mind how influential Elvis was on popular culture and music. Yeah, the house had some tacky decor for today's standards, but back in the seventies it was the bomb! It was also very cool that on the audio tour Lisa Marie gave her own insight on what it was like to be a child in the midst of Elvis' lifestyle. We also visited the other museums and toured the Elvis' jet, the "Lisa Marie". The weather was perfect. It was definitely a first class experience all around. Here are a few of my favorite pics. There are more on my page at Flickr.

Christmas at Graceland

Down in the Jungle Room

The infamous TV that Elvis shot because he just couldn't stand hearing Robert Goulet sing any longer.
We didn't make it to Rendevous for their world famous ribs, but there's always next time. We made it back to Nashville safely, and I am looking forward to playing tourist for the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Graceland. I've been there a bunch of times. We went there on our honeymoon at Christmas.

Sharon Cobb said...

Now I have two songs stuck in my head; Walking In Memphis and Graceland. That's okay...both are great songs!
I'm so glad you went there for Xmas. I've never had a bad time there. There's something in the air.
I hope your New Years Eve is just as wonderful!!!