Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy 60th Birthday, Luv

Today, 60 is sexy! Barry Gibb, my lifetime crush, has hit this milestone, and he looks better than ever in my eyes.

My crush began when I was 10 years old. It has lasted almost 30 years. In 1998, after meeting just about every celebrity I ever wanted to meet in my life, I FINALLY got to meet Barry in Miami. It was the only meeting that really ever mattered to me when it came to famous people. I will never forget his hug, and how he called me "Luv"...and I melted into a puddle on the ground. Swoon!

At the Tornado Relief Benefit in Hendersonville on the First of May, I was lucky enough to get right up front. When Barry came out, the crowd went absolutely haywire! Well, so did I...my little girl has never seen her mommy act like a crazed teenager until that night. I was screaming "I love you, Barry!" just like all the other middle aged women there reliving their youth. Of course, my daughter looked at me like I had lost my mind. For a few wonderful minutes, I had. It was an exhilarating.

So now my luv, there's "only words, and words are all I have"...to say you still make my heart skip a beat. I wish you a Happy Birthday. May you have many, many more healthy, happy years.

2 comments:

Sharon Collie said...

I join you in these birthday greetings to Barry. I LOVE the Bee Gees. I mean, I love them and could write the world's longest blog post about how great I think they are. I was always more partial to Maurice in terms of hotness but I love them all.

Happy Birthday Dear Barry!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just how is it you have met all these fabulous celebs Ginger?
I met Barry at the Hendersonville relief concert as well. I had to sneak backstage, but I got the interview I was looking for!
He is great! Happy Birthday Berry!